Monday, October 22, 2012

The Past 3 Years

Well I think it is about time I write something more for my blog.

Over the past 3 years i have been working on a few cross stitches  5 to be exact, and during that time I have only finished one of them. I have made a rule(though i'm not sure how long it will last) that I am not to start another one until I have finished all the ones that i have left to do.

The first one I started in this period of time was a horse one, quite possibly the largest one I have ever started, I have only finished about 1/2 of it, but I am determined to get it done not matter how long it takes.

The second one(which i think i started way before the first one) is of flowers, I only got half way last year and it is also progressing very slowly.

So a few months after I started the horse one, i decided that i would start another, but this time i was doing this for some very special people, My Nan and Pa.
It doesn't look like much now but once it is finished it will look like a Cockatiel.

Ok so right now you must be thinking, why start all these when you hadn't finished 1? Well the answer to that is simple, I have a very short attention span, I can't stick with the one thing for a long time. That is why I have all these started cross stitches and have only finished one in the entire 3 years that I have been working on cross stitches.

Ok so then after I started that one I started yet another cross stitch this time I was going to give it to my dad for Father's Day last year, but I got sidetracked once more and didn't finish it in time, so then I thought I could give it to him for Christmas if I work hard enough, well, I missed that too. So I have only now started to work on it again and if i can get it done by next year's Father's Day I will be happy.

So as if I didn't have enough to do I started yet another one, Yes another one. This one I started about 6 months ago and is the only one I have managed to complete. 
Now that is is finished I need to frame it and then I'm giving it to a friend.

So they are all the cross stitches that I have started and completed.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a good job. Can't wait to see the others finished.

    ReplyDelete